Everyone in this world is changing their way of living and business strategies due to advancements in technology. This scenario demands every industrialist to remain the best in his work by using the latest techniques.
Coming to the PSD to HTML conversion technique, it is a fast method to insert interactive features into static image files. In this method, first you need to create designs in Photoshop and then convert psd to html. However, slicing images from PSD is not the latest thing in the digital industry but how things are smartly done for the practical results is an important topic.
Through Photoshop you can use different color schemes and can do various experiments while designing or comparing your coding pages directly. You can also give special effects to your conversion using Coding.
However again, PSD to HTML conversion becomes more time taking if not adequately planned and managed. Here is the checklist for required Photoshop elements before you initiate the coding:
- All layers are named and placed into the folders
- Need to check fonts steadiness right through the design
- Make a list of fonts for both web fonts and non-web fonts
- Pixels should be utilized when sizing fonts as a substitute of points
- Ensure all the colors used are consistent all over the PSDs
- Hover, Active, Visited states are precisely defined for links and buttons
- The standard images should need to have a similar size
- Finally, check if there are any special instructions to be followed
Now, let’s leap into the whole process.
Self-coding is one of the first approaches that demand some technical skills from you. If you are an individual that does not feel uncomfortable from a bit of coding, then you can try coding your HTML page yourself. However, if you are not up to date with HTML coding, you can search and learn some basic HTML tags so that you can do your conversion job yourself.
- The PSD file that you have formed is made up of many layers that need to slice. The technical term slicing means to break up a single large image into multiple small images. If you use the sliced version of PSD in your HTML page, then it will help in loading your pages in quick speed. In case you use complete PSD file in the single image file, then it will take time to load and will influence the quality of user experience. Therefore, you can make use of the slicing tool that is available in Photoshop.
- There are three types of Slicing options named as Normal, Fixed Aspect Ratio and Fixed Size are available in Photoshop. These are used to break your web page into small pieces. If you opt for Normal option to slice your PSD file, then the size of the image will draw the slicing marker lines. Through Fixed Aspect Ratio, you will allow feeding the necessary scale. Here the sliced portions will change based on the figures that you provide. However, if you need to all the slices of definite height as well as width, then you can choose Fixed Size. You need to enter the pixel values of the required size.
- You can use another slice tool ‘Slices from Guides’ for adding guides to the image. In this, your file will automatically be sliced as per guidelines.
- After you sliced PSD file, then save your sliced version. Then again go to file and still save it by using “Save for Web.” Now save all images in the directory that you have previously formed.
Form Essential Directories
It is consistently a good quality practice to make the necessary directories on your local machine so that you could continue in a prearranged approach. Lists that you should create in your local machine are as below –
- Most important database with website name or any other ideal name that you could quickly identify at a later stage.
- A folder for the images below the main folder should be named as ‘images.’ This is the specific folder where all the images that you will be using for your website should be piled up.
- Create a folder for the CSS files or the style sheets below the main folder and name it as ‘styles.’
Working with an HTML Page
- After creating the required directories, now it is time to make your HTML page. Make use of HTML page builders such as Adobe Dreamweaver or open source option like Amaya or Komposer.
- Now build up a new file in Dreamweaver and name it as index.html. Now save this file in your main folder.
- In the next step create styles file. You can use an HTML editor and keep the new file as styles.css in the CSS folder.
- We will give all the information concerning the stylistic features of HTML web page like font size, the position of the images, margins, font type, and background color, and field set between others in style sheet.
- Now link your HTML page to CSS style sheet.
We came across many technical concepts in above all steps. It is required that you take care of each and every concept for psd to html conversion. Also, you must perform all the procedures with quick speed. This will lead us to create basic HTML for simple pages. However, if you have your choices and decisions on a single factor, then you will get the best output.
Different components of your Web pages
A single page is divided into various sections. Yet if you need to keep your designs uniform in HTML code, then you must write HTML sections from top to bottom in a sequence way. PSD to HTML5 can make your sectioning code more proficient.
- Logo – Usually the logo is positioned in the header of the webpage.
- Header – The term header means the top part of your webpage. It depends on the design layout. It contains tagline, navigation menu, company logo, sliders, and images.
- Body – This part of a website involves the textual content as well as user sign-in.
- Footer – It is positioned at the bottom of the webpage. It consists of social media links, contact information, disclaimer, and email subscriptions and about us page.
Moreover, keep in mind that only textual content is formed in the HTML file. All the graphics aspects like images, videos, banner, and much more significant stuff offer your website a good look when created in PSD format. It is recommended not to use automated or software-based PSD conversions. We advise you do self-coding or hire psd to html developer from professional company. Hiring a professional company is easy as well as convenient way to manage your conversions. You must educate yourself so that you set levelheaded prospects from your service provider.
Nishant Desai – Digital Marketing Strategist at an award winning front-end services provider company – CodaHTML. I love to write about the latest trending updates, WordPress, Web Design, SEO and other interesting information. I believe in Learning, Sharing and keep growing together.